ELEMENT 2 ICP-MS
Thermo Scientific ELEMENT 2 ICP-MS is a high performance, double focusing magnetic sector field ICP-MS optimized for ease-of-use, stability and productivity.
The ELEMENT 2 provides access to a powerful technique to solve a specific problem, combined with excellent sensitivity and signal-to-noise ratio.
ICP-MS is the accepted and most powerful technique for the analysis and quantification of trace elements. Its applications range from the semiconductor industry to geological and environmental analyses, from biological research to material sciences. The most severe limitation of ICP-MS are polyatomic interferences on the elemental signals, originating from Argon and/or the sample matrix. High Mass resolution is the gold standard for the identification and elimination of interferences. Elimination of interferences enables accurate and reliable quantitative multi-element analyses at trace levels, even without sample preparation.
- A multi-elemental detector with the speed to handle transient signals, including CE, HPLC, GC, FFF and laser ablation
- Interference-free measurement across the periodic table covering a mg/L to sub pg/L concentration range, from ultra-trace to matrix components
- Compatible with inorganic and organic solids and nearly all solution matrices
Full Automation for Routine Analysis
- Autotuning of all parameters, including lenses, gas flows and the torch position for reproducible and reliable system setup
- Comprehensive, customizable quality control system
- Reliability and robustness to serve as a 24/7 production control tool, maximizing sample throughput
Flexibility and Accessibility as an Advanced Research Tool
- Full access to all instrumental parameters for method development
- High mass resolution to access spectrally interfered isotopes: produces unambiguous elemental spectra
- High precision isotope ratios on non-interfered or interfered isotopes
- Hot and cold plasma conditions
- High stability for isotope ratios