There are virtually no limits employing these modular and sizeable isolation elements
With the Halcyonics_Vario elements Accurion offers three different element lengths (Vario 45, Vario 60 and Vario 90). Each element has a maximum load capacity of 180 kg (397 lbs). A standard Vario system can thus handle up to 360 kg (794 lbs). The isolation effect of the Vario elements starts right at 1 Hz and, above 10 Hz, attains more than 35 dB (98.2 %). Vario elements are always used in pairs; each matched pair must be operated in parallel alignment with respect to one another.
The VarioBasic elements, which are available in three different load ranges (100kg [220 lbs], 300 kg [660 lbs] and 600 kg [1.320 lbs]) feature manual load adjustment which make them ideally suited for integration into complex systems.
A major advantage of Halcyonics active systems is that they eliminate interfering natural low-frequency resonance that is inherent with passive systems. These have a more or less marked resonant Eigenfrequency, typically in the range from 1 to 4 Hz. Therefore these passive systems cannot suppress vibrations in this frequency range, rather they typically increase it. Compared with passive systems, Halcyonics active systems deliver excellent vibration isolation characteristics right at exceptionally low frequencies of 1-4 Hz. They actively isolate vibration for all the 6 existing degrees of freedom.
Area of applications: Vario isolation elements
The compact dimensions and versatile application options of this product series make it ideal for OEM installation, in customer-specific applications and for configuration of active vibration isolation work areas and platforms in the lab. There are virtually no limits when it comes to the range of uses offered by Vario systems.
A major application example for Vario systems is the combination of isolation elements with optical breadboards, to be used for Laser applications such as interferometers, holographic assemblies and more. Other examples can be found in many different markets: optical profilers in nanotechnology, UHV scanning tunneling microscope chambers for materials research, smaller 3D coordinate measuring machines (CMM) in production-related metrology as well as high-throughput screening technologies in modern biotechnology. In addition, the Vario elements are used with Patch-Clamp setups, Langmuir-Blodgett troughs, Ellipsometers and experiments in the field of MEMS.
Features & Benefits
- Minimum of 8 individual Sensors and Actors – the highest number on any active isolating system – gives a supreme performance even under severe environmental conditions
- The 48-hour run-in test and the 2 year unconditional warranty assures an uninterrupted work on your main task: running your experiment under strictly controlled conditions
- Shorten the time to publish your results: off-the-shelf availability and rapid delivery will allow you to start your work right away
- Electromagnetic actuators run on low voltage DC – no high voltage system will interfere with your delicate instrumentation
- AC power from a standard outlet is sufficient; there is no need for compressed air supply and its piping infrastructure
- Motorized automatic load adjustment and leveling (Vario Series)
- No natural low frequency resonance; as a result, excellent vibration characteristics also in frequency ranges below 5 Hz