The Thermo Scientific™ Dionex™ UltiMate™ 3000 VWD Rapid Separation Variable Wavelength Detectors are the detectors of choice for routine chromatography applications. They offer high sensitivity, low noise and drift, and a wavelength range of 190–900 nm. The VWD is available in two variants. The standard version (VWD-3100), with a 100 Hz data rate, is economically affordable for laboratories on a limited budget. The rapid separation version (VWD-3400RS) offers a data rate of up to 200 Hz to perfectly detect even the narrowest peaks. Both detectors are designed to meet the demanding requirements of today’s laboratories.
- Low noise (typically < ±2.5 µAU) and drift (< 0.1 mAU/h) guarantee high sensitivity
- Linear range of up to 2.5 AU allows for the analysis of a wide range of analyte concentrations [more]
- Easily adaptable detector allows use with HPLC applications from nanoprepartive through to semipreparative HPLC
- Data collection rates of up to 200 Hz allow detection of even the sharpest peaks
- Predictive performance technology continually monitors system performance and warns of impending errors such as lamp failure.
- Spectrum scanning functionality for analyte characterization
The PCM-3000 pH and Conductivity Monitor is an upgrade for accurate on-line pH and conductivity monitoring with the VWD-3000 series. A typical application area of this unit is monitoring the gradient formation in salt- or pH-gradient-based ion-exchange chromatography (IEC) in biopharmaceutical analysis.
The VWD-3400RS is ideal for any UHPLC application in single wavelength mode. For conventional LC applications, the detector allows data acquisition of up to 4 UV-vis channels up to 5 Hz. The VWD-3100 is ideal for use with
UltiMate 3000 analytical systems. Both detector variants support wavelength scanning for method development or analyte characterization.