TRITON Plus Multicollector Thermal Ionization Mass Spectrometer
Thermo Scientific TRITON Plus is a multicollector thermal ionization mass spectrometer for high precision isotope ratio measurements.
It gives outstanding precision for isotope ratio measurements on solid samples. It uses a proven thermal ionization source and has a unique variable multicollector platform which can be configured with Faraday detectors and/or miniaturized ion counting detectors for smallest sample sizes. Typical applications are dating of geological samples as well as control of isotopic compositions of nuclear materials.
Based on more than 30 years of experience in variable multicollector instrumentation, Thermo Fisher Scientific has developed the TRITON Plus. The new Plus features represent a major step forward in Thermal Ionization Mass Spectrometry (TIMS) technology leading to ultimate sensitivity and precision for smallest sample sizes.
Through its innovative technology, including Virtual Amplifiers, Dynamic Zoom and all-carbon plug-in Faraday cups, the TRITON Plus sets a new standard for TIMS.
- The most precise and accurate TIMS ever
- Variable multicollector array for robust and precise peak alignment – Faraday cup array covers isotope systems from Li to U
- Down to 2 ppm external precision on Sr and Nd
- Novel patented technology to overcome traditional shortcomings of multicollector mass spectrometry
- Two high abundance-sensitivity filters (RPQ) (e.g. for 234U and 236U or 230Th and 232Th)
- Compact discrete dynode ion counters for full dynamic range, stability and linearity
- No-compromise multi-ion-counting packages, e.g. U-Pb, U-series, nuclear and more...
- Geochemistry, geochronology, planetary research, isotope geology and nuclear industry