MALDI LTQ Orbitrap
Thermo Scientific MALDI LTQ Orbitrap combines the benefits of MALDI technique with Orbitrap technology.
The addition of the new MALDI source to the LTQ Orbitrap is ideally suited for proteomics and metabolism applications.
The MALDI LTQ Orbitrap provides fast, reliable, confident and complementary protein identification and enables for various analytical approaches to localize post-translational modifications. Outstanding mass accuracy and high sensitivity make the MALDI LTQ Orbitrap a superior alternative to traditional MALDI-TOF systems.
The MALDI LTQ Orbitrap offers:
- High throughput analysis of in-gel digests of 2D gel spots for protein ID
- CID, PQD, and HCD fragmentation technique for complementary peptide information
- de novo sequencing, iTRAQ quantitation, tissue imaging and small molecule analysis
- Resolutions of greater than 50,000 FWHM and mass accuracies of 2 ppm routinely available for MS, MS/MS and MSn data
- MALDI technique combined with Orbitrap technology
- Robust laser optics
- Direct beam
- Nitrogen laser
- Crystal Positioning System (CPS)
- Tissue Imaging enabled
- Routine FT mass accuracy
- Superior resolving power
- ›100,000 resolution
- Wide dynamic range
- Parallel MS and MSn analysis
- Multiple dissociation techniques: CID, PQD, and HCD
The MALDI option is available for both the LTQ Orbitrap Discovery and the LTQ Orbitrap XL.