LTQ FT Ultra
Thermo Scientific LTQ FT Ultra combines the most advanced Ion Trap and Fourier Transform Ion Cyclotron Resonance technologies into a single instrument with unprecedented analytical power and versatility.
Ultra-high resolution and sensitivity coupled with sub ppm mass accuracy, and MSn are universally available for the toughest applications demanding rigorous structural characterization.
The Thermo Scientific LTQ FT Ultra mass spectrometer is the next generation hybrid FT-ICR featuring a novel ICR cell design, the Ultra Cell. This cell design produces enhanced sensitivity and greater dynamic range. The linear excitation characteristics of the cell allow larger cyclotron radii which significantly reduces space charge effects. These performance gains are achieved without the costs and difficulties associated with a higher field magnet.
Key Features and Benefits
- Automatic Gain Control—concentration independent ppb mass accuracy with space charge control
- Parrallel Acquisition—unmatched data dependant acquisition speed
- ECD and IRMPD—detailed characterization of peptides and proteins
- Fast Scan Rate with High Resolution—compatible with LC timescale
- Automated Optimization and Acquisition—simplified operation
- For identification of low abundance peptides
- 50 attomole on column On-line nano-LC-MS/MS of a 5 protein mix digest (50 attomole each on column, 30 min gradient)
- Data analyzed with BioWorks 3.3
- All proteins found with at least 2 peptides, high Xcorr and high peptide probability
Mass Accuracy Over a Wider Dynamic Range
- Concentration independent mass accuracy in infusion or under LC conditions
- Detect and correctly identify low abundant co-eluting species
Unmatched Mass Accuracy
- Eliminates false positive identifications in bottom-up proteomics
- Unambigous identification of unknown analytes with on-line LC-MS/MS at any concentration
- Essential for the analysis of complex samples such as crude oil or Disolved Organic Matter (DOM)