DXR Smart Raman Spectrometer
Thermo Scientific DXR SmartRaman spectrometer is a highly automated, push-button operated, dedicated macro-sampling Raman system that brings the power of Raman technology to the routine analysis laboratory.
The Thermo Scientific DXR SmartRaman spectrometer is a new generation of Raman instrument designed for busy multi-purpose analytical labs where the users are looking for reproducible and accurate results from a dependable, low maintenance instrument. With the
DXR SmartRaman, both researchers and quality control specialists alike can take advantage of the ease of sample preparation offered by Raman spectroscopy without having to invest in becoming an expert in the technology. The DXR SmartRaman delivers reproducible measurements with minimal operator training and the versatility to handle a wide-range of sample formats.
- Measure samples directly through glass bottles, jars, and vials—clear or colored.
- Measure samples directly through plastic bags.
- Expandable measurement spot size, up to 5 x 5mm, provides representative sampling of heterogeneous materials.
- Sample accessories available to support automated measurements of well-plates, tablet arrays, tubes, and vials. Great for automating measurements of large numbers of samples.
- Accommodates specialized cells for high and low temperature measurements and electrochemical measurements.
- Remote sampling for samples too large to fit in the sample compartment, with optional fiber-optic probes.
- Extensive software tools automate analyses to go beyond data to answers.
- Full spectral range of 3500 to 50cm-1 captured with a single exposure of the CCD avoids stitching artifacts
- User-adjustable measurement area from 10µm to 5mm using Variable Dynamic Point Sampling (VDPS).
- Automatic fluorescence correction available with all excitation lasers
- Automatic intensity correction generates spectra that are comparable between instruments and different excitation lasers
- Multidimensional wavelength calibration provides accurate wavelength calibration across entire spectral range
- Patented Triplet spectrograph provides exceptional peak shape and maintains focus at all wavelengths
- Patented algorithm for automated cosmic ray rejection and high-quality laser line filters ensure artifact-free spectra
- Lasers depolarized to avoid confusing sample orientation effects
- Laser Power Regulator provides active monitoring of laser power and ensures reproducible laser excitation power over the lifetime of lasers and even after replacing lasers
- Optimized gratings for each excitation laser avoid performance sacrifices of systems that share gratings for multiple excitation lasers.
- Patented autoalignment ensures system can be maintained in like-new condition
- Patented Smart-backgrounds automatically remove CCD dark energy profile
Software and Databases
- Extensive collection of spectral libraries available (>16,000 compounds)
- Library search algorithms optimized for Raman data
- Powerful Specta searching software provides the ability to identify multiple components of a material with a single action
- Powerful macro building tool allows quick capture of repetitive actions into single buttons
- Omnic Array provides for automated data collection and analysis of array based sample formats such as well-plates and tablet arrays.
- Audit trails attached to spectra automatically record all collection parameters and processing actions
Ease of Use
- Patent-pending Autoexposure takes the guesswork out of optimizing exposure time and number of exposures.
- Autofocusing accessories make it possible to move effortlessly from one sample type to another.
- Configurable GO button on instrument provides for walk-up operation. All data collection, processing, and reporting steps can be stored so that a user can drop a sample in, push a button, and have a report print out with no interaction with the computer.
- Alignment and calibration procedures are completely automated in the software. User only has to mount the alignment/calibration pod on the instrument and the software takes everything from there. The user does not have to make any decisions to guide the process.
- Smart accessories and components are automatically recognized by the system and parameters and alignment are automatically optimized when components are changed.
Reliability and Maintenance
- The system requires only a routine automatic alignment, which is completely software controlled
- Calibration procedure is automated and software makes all decisions
- Laser usage is automatically tracked on each laser
- Modular design offers purchasing flexibility. Buy only to meet current needs with the option to expand later without service calls or penalties.
- User-replaceable lasers use SmartLock technology for reproducible results. Simply plug the laser in and run the standard autoalignment and automatic calibration routines.
- Lasers, gratings, filters, and accessories can be easily shared between more than one instrument. The instrument recognizes the serial number of each components and stores alignment and calibration parameters for each unique Smart component. These are automatically utilized whenever the components are installed.
Spectrometer independently certified as class-1 laser safe.
Note: Optional fiber-optic accessory and some other optional accessories are class IIIb laser devices requiring laser safety precautions and laser safety eyewear.
- Complete package for DQ/IQ/OQ/PQ validation is available including extensive documentation and automated software protocols
- Omnic D/S software offers CFR 21 part 11 compliance
- Forensics – illicit drug identification. Automate measurement of many samples, support infrared ID for backup in court
- Pharmaceutical – distinguish polymorphs and salt forms, characterize tablets
- Gemology – rapid ID of colored stones, distinguishing natural and synthetic diamonds
- Nanotechnology – characterize bulk nanotubes, QC of nanotubes
- Academic research – useful in material science, biological studies, and many applied research fields