ASE 350 Accelerated Solvent Extraction
Accelerated solvent extraction is a patented technique for the extraction of solid and semisolid sample matrices using common solvents at elevated temperatures and pressures. Thermo Scientific Dionex ASE systems are available in the entry-level Dionex ASE 150 system, and fully automated Dionex ASE 350.
The Thermo Scientific™ Dionex™ ASE™ 350 Accelerated Solvent Extractor system is a patented system for the extraction of solid and semisolid samples using common solvents at elevated temperatures and pressures. The Dionex ASE 350 system can automatically extract up to 24 samples, using less solvent and labor, and accommodates 1, 5, 10, 22, 34, 66 and 100 mL cell sizes.
For a limited time, upgrade to a Dionex ASE 350 Accelerated Solvent Extractor system.
- Automatically extract up to 24 samples (1–100 grams each).
- Faster than Soxhlet, sonication, and other extraction methods.
- Requires less solvent and labor.
- Accommodates 1, 5, 10, 22, 34, 66 and 100 mL cell sizes.
- Automated sequential solvent extraction system with a carousel that holds up to 24 samples.
- Integrated solvent controller allows mixing and delivery of up to three solvents.
- Specialized oven design ensures uniform heating and control of temperature for the extraction cell. This ensures uniform extraction from cell-to-cell and batch-to-batch.
- SmartRun™ system ensures cell size and collection vessel size are matched for a successful extraction.
- pH hardened pathway with Dionium™ components and cell make accelerated solvent extraction compatible with acid or alkaline pretreated matrices.
- Flow-through technology allows in-line filtration and in-cell clean-up.
|ASE 350 Accelerated Solvent Extraction System Specifications|
|Oven:||Accepts sample cell sizes of 1,5, 10, 22, 34, 66, and 100 mL
Auto-seal actuator places cell into oven and returns cell to tray after extraction.
Temperature control: up to 200 °C.
Vertical cell orientation with flow from top to bottom.
|Pump:||Fluid delivery pressure: 10 MPa (1500 psi).
Pump flow: 70 mL minute
Automatic pressure sensor and pressure relief during heat-up.
|Fluid Sensors:||IR sensors detect fluid level during extract collection.|
|Display and Keyboard:||Menu operated LCD,
8 × 45 character display method and schedule editor and storage
|Extraction Cells:||Seven capacities: 1, 5, 10, 22, 34, 66, and 100 mL cells
Finger-tight cell caps feature compression seal for high-pressure closure
|Extraction Cell Tray:||24 cell positions
Two rinse positions
Automatic home position sensing
Can perform multiple extractions per cell
|Collection Vials:||60 mL or 250 mL;
vial lids have solvent-resistant septa
(TFE-coated on solvent side)
|Collection Vial Tray:||26 position tray insert for 60 mL vials and
19 position tray for 250 mL bottles bottle positions
plus two bottle position for rinse/waste collection tray
compatible with 250 mL bottles
|Extraction Fluids:||Compatible with a wide range of organic and aqueous solvents|
(h × w × d):
|69.3 × 67.3 × 61.7 cm
(27.3 × 26.5 × 24.3 in.)
|Weight:||65 kg. (140 lb)|
|Power Requirements:||Consumption: 500 VA max.
Voltage: 100–120 or 220–240 Vac
Frequency: 50/60 Hz
|Pneumatic Requirements:||Air at 400–827 kPa (60–120 psi)
N2 at 1034x–1340 kPa (150–200 psi)